Hi Pink,

Sorry to hear what is going on with DD. Fighting the system is very complicated. Why don't you think in terms or working with them to solve the situation.
Any success I've had so far is with the: let's work together approach. For sure, I'm still in the middle of things, we're not out of the woods either.
I have an HG kindergartener who thinks she is stupid because K teacher doesn't think she is special. Yesterday she announced it is really K teacher who is stupid, but she still likes her. smile

Could you get people behind you to help with talks at the school. The stomache ache thing is a big deal. We were just at the pediatrician's and there is actually a medical term for kids who have stomache aches because of discomfort at school. Of course I can't remember the name of it!
If you tell the school, look, my child is so upset at school she is having physical symtoms, something needs to change, let's have a meeting......Hopefully that is a good place to start.

What about you friend that is the psychologist friend? Could he/she help you.

You can get a lawyer and people have been successful doing that. If it came down to it, and I exhausted all my options and alternative schooling wasn't an option either, I would get a lawyer too.

But what can be done before now and then?

I think a school will respond better if they understand the child is not doing well emotionally because they are not being challenged. For some kids I believe it literally hurts to be bored.
I don't think they are as understanding when they think we are supercompetitive moms setting unrealistic expectations for our children because we are tied to our children's success in an unhealthy way. Unfortunately this is a common misconception.

Or, they just read that awful book Dottie spoke about.

You'll never know unless you get in there and get your hands a little dirty.

We are cheering for you Pink, whatever you do.

Incog