Originally Posted by pinkpanther
She also said she's going to make specific teacher recommendations for DD for next year since some will be better matches for her in terms of being able to give her what she needs. AND, the teacher is also going to talk to the new teacher about fighting for DD. Wow! DD really has made an impression on her teacher!

I think specific teacher reccomendations (if they are followed) is some of the best news you can get. A teacher-advocate for your child is probably the best thing you can hope for.

I really also think that you need private testing ASAP. My cynical side says that if the teacher is noticing your child's giftedness then they are either 'way smart' or in that nice bright, 'educable' group that teachers tend to love. ((Although the Math a few grades up tends to make me doubt that.)) Still, I think that the chance that you can get a clearer insight into her needs is worth the price of individualized testing with a tester who is very familar with both GT and Highly/Profoundly gifted kids.

Either way, Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com