Just a quick update after last night's 3rd grade open house...

DD9's teacher approached me and brought up the GATE testing and how shocked/sorry she was that DD didn't pass screening. She told me that she had let the GATE teachers know exactly how she felt about DD--that she had taught 3rd grade for 16? (I forgot exactly how long she said) years, and she KNOWS DD's gifted. She also said she's going to make specific teacher recommendations for DD for next year since some will be better matches for her in terms of being able to give her what she needs. AND, the teacher is also going to talk to the new teacher about fighting for DD. Wow! DD really has made an impression on her teacher!

I've been doing research and documenting in an effort to advocate for DD. I still don't know what the best alternative is for her. We won't get OLSAT results until late in the summer. Maybe we should consider private testing this summer just to give us more ammo.

I know I've complained about little things with DD's teacher, but overall she's a gem. I just wanted to share...

Happy Friday!