Yes and no. They don't do much in grades 3-5 but pull-out a few hours per week. However, they do go on great field trips to museums and things like that. DD's teacher told me that although she's not a huge fan of the program, she thinks that DD really needs it because she's so advanced, especially in math.

In middle school, GT kids have more placement options in terms of advanced classes. It's really just an issue of advocacy at this point. Fortunately, she's got a great teacher who is really trying to push her ahead. It's just not enough.

From what I've read, it is recommended that the NNAT NOT be used with highly verbal kids, and it makes me angry that it's the school's only option. I think she will do much better on the OLSAT because of the verbal component.

DD6 will face the NNAT soon because we're having her screened this year. She's much better at visual-spatial tasks than DD9, so it might not be an issue at all for her. Stinks for DD9, though. Her intellectual peers (and social peers) are in GATE. She's actually helping them with math.