My child was quite compliant...until he got bored in school. Suddenly he was belligerent, rebellious, even downright nasty. He started missing recesses at school and other kids didn't like him. Despite our firm (FIRM!) boundaries at home, he was even acting out and hurting his little brother.

We found a way to challenge him and--Voila!--happy, pleasant kid with lots of friends returned to us. The change back to the calm, kind, rule-oriented child we had sent to school was immediate. Really, the day he was challenged, he was back to his old self. Just that fast!

They say not to worry about other potential sources of behavior problems until the school fit is corrected. It sounds like you need to start with that school fit. It seems very clear to me that he's not compliant because he simply won't sit through ANOTHER day of "This is #3."

I know you just had him tested. What moves have you made with the school to get him greater challenge so far? Are you waiting for the test results, or have you done something already?

Kriston