Hello, my name is Heather & I am new on here. I am the proud mom to a 5yr old DS who we are fairly certain is gifted. He has not had testing for financial reasons so we have no idea on LOG. I can say that he discovered math at 3 & knows everything expected of him in K, but doesn't start till the fall. He is in love with science & this is where his true talent lies. He can demonstrate the rotation/revolution of the earth around the sun, knows the sun is a star, there are other stars bigger than ours, there is no gravity in outer space & he can name about 4-5 other planets. He undertands the basics of the circulatory system & digestive system & enjoys looking at cross-sections of the heart & brain. Oh yeah, how mountains are formed & how volcano's explode are pretty cool too. All this, but not quite reading yet. He has most of the letter-sound associations, so I think he is close.

My question is, how do I know what to ask the school to do? We have started Kindy registration but they don't have the curriculum info session till June & I am not up for waiting that long. My DH knows someone that works at the school(pre-k aide) & is going to try to get info from him. Still even if we meet with people in advance, I am not sure if I would know a good fit for DS if I heard it. I don't want to push him too hard & kill his love of learning but school is not just socialization either. Any suggestions on striking that balance? Thanks