I have been wondering myself about the validity of using that score - but one would *THINK* the edu. psych who administered the test (a local guy not affiliated with the school) would have had a clue as to whether that was an issue or not. I guess I need to explore further on my own...

As an update to us - out of curiosity, I decided to have ds take the SCAT test last week through CTY. He told me afterwards that he thought the verbal portion of it was fairly easy, however he found the math section more challenging. We just received his scores today and if I am reading things properly he will be invited to attend CTY for the verbal section but as he was 4 points off on the cutoff for math he cannot take any of the math/science related courses. He is bummed about that. He was much more interested in their science offerings. Regardless, it may be a moot point at this time anyway as there is no CTY facility near here (Florida) of which I am aware, and he is too young for a residential program. But is nice to know that that door should be open for him in the future, anyway. And it also gives me good "ammunition" for the public schools (if we end up going that route) if they balk at him being considered "2E".

Thanks for everyone's very helpful input in all of this! Had it not been for reading on this board I wouldn't have even known what CTY was!

Diane