I sometimes lurk but when I saw the title of this post I thought I would chime in. My son is 2E - gifted and autistic. He recently had the WISC and score exceptionally low on comprehension. The psychologist who did the testing is both and expert on autism and giftedness and told me that a low comprehension score is very common with kids on the autism spectrum because it is a test of social thinking. There are questions like, what would you do if you found a dollar on the ground? What would you do if you you saw smoke coming from a neighbor's house? Why do meat packing plants have inspectors? These questions take some social knowledge. They are like common sense questions. My kid scored a 7. Everything else was much much higher. She said that his answers in the comprehension sub test were similar to that of a younger child. This also fits with autism.

The psych wrote in her report that she felt that the IQ score was not a good indicator of his true ability because of the large difference between scores. He had a 21 point difference between performance and verbal.

After I got that score I went to the school to discuss social issues. Based on that specific subtest they started working on common sense type of thinking.

If you are concerned about Asperger's or another disability which effects socialization you may want to pay attention to this score and do some further research.