Originally Posted by DianerLu
In my quest for more information today, I decided on a whim to email the authors of "The Mislabled Child" and explain what is going on with my son and his scores. Diane

These folks are Amazing! The book is amazing! It's going to be tricky to sort out what is really going on, but if you read up on how to help with Stealth Dyslexia AND Aspergers you may find some stratagies from BOTH fields that help in your house.

DianerLu,
I one question I have left is 'What kind of homeschooling do you practice?' I'm wondering because I am still thinking that you child may not get into the Gifted Program, or if he does that that may not be enough or the right sort of Gifted Program for his type of giftedness. Do you unschool? Use a boxed curriculum? Is he keeping up with the expected milestones for agemates, falling behind, or wizzing past? Is it across the board or spikey in profile? Isn't it Dr. Phil who says that current behavior is the best guide to future behavior? I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil, but he is memorable. So I'm wondering, what is his 'learning behavior' like?

I'm also curious about what might happen if you exerimentally 'cranked up the rate' in his strongest subject or two. Even homeschooling parents sometimes underestimate their child's readiness level.

Whatever you decide - Best Wishes, We are with you!

Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com