If I were you, I would think about it in the following way:

Having poor executive function is not beneficial in itself.

Indigo pointed out how being gifted, specifically, can be an advantage in overcoming the EF thing - points 1 and 2.
He then presented some strategies to overcome the EF thing (which: keep in mind! every non-gifted person with EF problems would also need to apply - think about schizophrenia, parkinson's disease...) - points 3 and 4.

aeh mentioned possible long-term benefits of having dealt with EF problems as a 2e - which might be, as you said, being able to present solutions which are considered (more) creative.

From my personal experience: if you want to get there (= to the long-term benefits), you will need to learn how to work focused and with strategy.

In that sense I would not agree with what you have written ("the inability to work focused and with strategy [...] leads to solutions which are considered creative").
You won't get the results without a sufficient amount of consistency and focus.

Getting there might be frustrating at times - what I have tried to find in those situations is the balance between self-compassion and discipline.

Discipline = I need to learn how to work focused and with strategy (if I want the results)
Self-compassion = it is okay if I don't know yet how to work focused and with strategy.

[That is, if you don't suffer from one of those additional disorders I mentioned before. In this case, I wouldn't be able to give the necessary advice.]