Then please excuse previous posts. I started giving answers before having made clear I was answering the right question and assumed too fast that you were also asking about ways to basically tweak your EF profile.

I do not have much scientifcally based knowledge so I can only brainstorm.

Having low flexibility/high remaining EFs could be helpful in being persistent in pursuing an idea, "no matter what".

It is one my hobbies to make up "every day psychology" profiles of people, often scientists I have met or am a fan of. Those who appeared to me as being less cognitively flexible would also be the ones who would obsess over an idea, to the point of moving mountains to try and prove that this one idea was the right one.
More flexible ones would maybe change paths, get interested in something else... One of my intuitive theories is also that the less flexible ones often ended being in more "dominant" positions, e.g. through being naturally better at maintaining a point in a discussion, until they feel that it has been truly made & understood by others.

So being more "naturally persistent" might be one advantage but as I said, this is purely intuitive from my side.