I think you have to really prepare for the next few years. My kid is at a school for HG kids. You test twice to get in, it is accelerated, starting at 7th grade. It is behind socially public schools, since these are kids that have to apply themselves to get into the school but there is a group starting in 8th grade going into 9 that gets into drugs, sex and drinking. Social media becomes big. Kids are struggling with a lot of pressures in the tween years, getting into early teens, of who is cool, being part of the group, getting rejected from that group. I think parenting through these years is tough. Just because a kid has an high IQ doesn't mean they are immune from the social pressures. A former math teacher from the school, who lives on my street, told me there was a kid, perfect math scores in 9th grade, perfect science scores, got into crack and he had to leave in 11th grade. There are parents that say, "not my kid" and not on top of it, while their kid is experimenting with serious drugs and other parents who won't let their kid take the subway ever or go to a party. Maybe your kid is smarter, but I think you have to be socially smarter and be on top of things. I started early talking to my kid about many things. She isn't going to the parties or drinking. But there is a boy that likes her and asks her if she would go to the parties and drink. He is encouraging her. Luckily she tells me. These are all texts. My opinion is that you keep talking, and keep listening. I recommend boy advice is a good starting point. That if something happens boys will tell other boys within seconds. Got proven right on that one and now she trusts me.