While I agree that sexual assault is an issue on college campuses. What this article describes is happening even when students aren't sexually assaulted. I do know students who are/have attended top rated schools, who are either having a very hard time emotionally and/or had to drop out. Thankfully none have committed suicide. And I'm fairly certain that sexual harassment isn't the issue for the students I know about. Although I'll admit that I'm not necessarily going to know, what I do know matches very closely to the issues addressed in the article.

One issue that is addressed in the article is that many top universities (particularly state schools in CA) make it almost impossible to take a semester/quarter/year off even for mental health issues. When I was a student I remember classmates that would take a semester off with little repercussions except their graduation date.

Another huge issue is the need at many schools is you have to declare your major before starting university, or even when applying to university. And there isn't a good way to change if/when a student finds they are suited to a particular major.