aquinas, I have a story to share with you, now that your DS is going through a human anatomy phase.

DD fell on her knees one day at a park. It wasn't a bad fall but she seemed to be in pain so I made the mistake of telling her if the pain doesn't subside, we might have to take her to the doctor. For a few days, she kept on insisting that she couldn't walk and wanted to be carried around everywhere. I was skeptical since I caught her walking a few times when she thought I wasn't watching. Still, after 3 days of limping and hopping, I took her to her pediatrician's office and his partner was working that day. He was speechless about DD (3.5 back then) going on and on about how she felt radiating pain originating from a spot located beneath her left patella and that she suspected a possible fracture. He asked me if she was really 3 and I just nodded.

After seeing her limp around in her office almost in tears, he ordered a x-ray and we had to take her to a children's hospital that's out of the way because, well, they are more used to children.

As soon she was done, she started walking just fine and asked me with a huge grin, "When can I look at my x-rays?"

We pay 20% co-pay.