Originally Posted by SAHM
Hope you have the same experience (without the utter sensory hatred of the super loud hand dryers that appear in some bathrooms).

He did the same with weaning shortly after 3. Much much harder on me, I assure you.

He was so startled by a loud hand drier and flushing toilets on one shopping trip at a local book store about 6 months ago that, whenever we're in public, he now asks two questions:
1. Where is the washroom?
2. Does it have loud toilets or hand driers?

The noise is just too much for him. I always make sure to change him in stand-alone handicapped washrooms for that reason.

Re: weaning--nursing past 3 is terrific!!! DS is still a major lactivore, nursing (I'd guess) at least 6-8 times in 24 hours. Probably half of his nutrition is still my milk. I'm hoping for such a gradual weaning that he (and I) hardly notice when he ultimately chooses to stop. I'm a bit of a sentimentalist when it comes to our special nursing bond, so I appreciate your comment about weaning being harder on you. I will be both fiercely proud of him for making his own decision when he's ready and wistful (and probably a tad tearful in private with DH) about a chapter of our life closing.

Oh blissful oxytocin;
life-giving love amid tender snuggles!
My heart outside my body.

What is to give light must endure burning.