Originally Posted by aquinas
Haha, I wish I had! It was hilarious to watch. It seemed like the definition of asynchrony.

DS is a completely iron-willed child who doesn't do anything before the moment he's ready (gee, I resemble that). Someday soon-ish he'll suddenly decide on a whim that it's his moment to give up diapers forever, and he will. He did exactly the same thing with eating, reading, walking...you name it...seemingly zero interest followed by fluency. He seems to be almost exclusively intrinsically motivated, and I rather like that about him. My mother has an opportunity to laugh because she has certainly BTDT with me, her probably only-for-a-reason child. smile

Aquinas, my son and yours have so much in common. Just wanted to give you a heads up that one day before he was 3 (I can't remember how much before), he said he decided he was going to potty train. We went ahead and switched to underwear that day and dutifully stayed in the house for 3 days doing what we thought was a good potty training method, but the kid never had any accidents. Same when we finally left the house. He was just ready. He made up his mind and that was that. Hope you have the same experience (without the utter sensory hatred of the super loud hand dryers that appear in some bathrooms).

He did the same with weaning shortly after 3. Much much harder on me, I assure you.