Indigo I cannot thank you enough for your response! I am printing out your list so my husband and I can go over it tonight. We are also thinking of taking a couple of screen shots of the problems he is working on in EPGY and printing out his progress page since he has plowed through 1st-2nd grade in about 7 weeks. And maybe bringing a couple of books he has just finished reading. Too much? My husband wants to bring in a sample of the math worksheets he is doing for kindergarten to show a comparison of what he is capable of if given the opportunity. Maybe? It's only a 30 minute meeting. I am still livid about his reading assessment, but I need to let that go.

It would be lovely if they are offering a grade skip into the gifted program (which begin in 2nd grade), but since we are meeting with both Principals I am not sure if this is even an option. I am concerned they are going to way heavy into keeping him in Spanish for 1st until he can switch to the other school. We have already firmly told them no, but I don't know. They also brought his HP Teacher into the initial meeting because she "knows him the best". She doesn't even really work with him on his twice a week project. They have an in-district Architect he has been working with. She sort of rubbed me the wrong way from our first meeting when she looked at us with a smile and told us he didn't qualify for the special gifted classroom program because his FSIQ wasn't high enough. We pointed her to his GAI and she said that didn't count. It is stated on their website with the numbers for GAI and FSIQ. I emailed the HP District Coordinator in reference to this and received a phone call in the evening stating this was incorrect and that the GAI is a better assessment for our son. How could a seasoned HP teacher not know this? My confidence in her is low for kids at the further end of gifted.

I would love for them to let him have a morning simulation in the 2nd grade gifted classroom to see how he would do. They do this for all of the end of 1st graders that enter the program. I think he would love it, but I am not sure how to ask for this. Both Principals are friendly, but a bit intimidating and it's a bit hard to navigate during these meetings. I brought notes to the last one and that helped a bit. Seriously, I had no idea how much work this would be just to ensure my kid gets the education he needs.

We know we are not giving them an immediate answer, unless they want to grade skip him!! Happy thoughts..... They've had us waiting for two extra weeks so we are thinking of telling them we need a week to sort everything out and maybe counter if we need to. Thoughts??