When your 3 year old speaks in rhyme for over a half hour, while remaining entirely on topic, without making up any words and using words like "metamorphasis". He speaks so quickly, I think it may be the equivalent of an adult speaking for over an hour... He is on a poetry kick.

When he tells you that when he grows up he wants to be an inventor who also creates apps and games for phones and the computer. You respond that after he works hard and learns to read really well and do complicated math, he can learn to create apps and games for the computer and phone. He tells you that he already can... and you aren't actually sure if your 3 year old can or cannot do advanced level reading and math.

(Oddly enough this isn't a kid who really plays much in the way of apps or computer games. He is more of a play in the dirt kind of kid. Ever since we took apart a toy duck with a motor, he is fascinated by creating things and making things work. I think the app interest is along these lines as coding doesn't seem obviously mechanical. I know there are coding languages for kids but I didn't think we would hit this interest for another 5 years... The inventions he talks about are more whimsical and usually connected to some issue we are facing, like making a box you can drive a car into that will shrink it down to the size of a toy car so you can take it with you instead of hunting for a parking space.)