I don't even know where to put this....

DS7 is obsessed about black holes and what it would happen if you were to go into one and has been for quite some time. I got Neil DeGrasse Tyson's "Death By Black Hole" out of the library figuring that maybe I could have some more answers for him rather than having to rely on DH (it's more his thing). I read through the chapter with the same title and figured this was WAY over his head but offered to read it to him anyway for bed. We've since been reading a chapter a night and he BEGS for it. I figured it would lose it's charm after the black hole chapter but apparently not.

Last night we were reading about the big bang. DS then proceeded to launch into questions about what was there BEFORE the big bang? I'm not qualified for this and he's 7 (and he's not even PG like many of you guys deal with).

Another one for "you know you're a parent... when" - last month DS had to do a science project on an animal. What does he pick - Mantis Shrimp. Google True Facts Mantis Shrimp youtube - that's what started it.