With all tumult of a new September start, I thought it would be fun to start a new serial thread. This is meant to be along the lines of the quirky thread, but with more focus on the parent's perspective of this wonderful (and often exceedingly frustrating) journey we call parenting gifted children.

To kick things off...

1. The average per-visit cost for DS and I at the nearby museum is now under $0.75. You know you're a frequent visitor when all the security guards greet your child by name and are current on his pet interests. Bonus points if you know their names and their children's names.

2. Our standard greeting at the library is a hug. You know you spend too much time between the stacks when you:
- hear happy greetings of "babe" and "darling" when you arrive
- get a shoulder rub from a (sweet!) librarian after you heave a pile of 30 books up to the checkout station
- don't have to pay all your late fines (again, they're far too generous)
- have a list of customized book recommendations waiting for your DS when you arrive, unprompted

Come to think of it, our librarians are stellar! I should have them over for dinner to thank them!

3. You are a Jedi master at locating YouTube videos on topics of interest in under 10 seconds.

4. The last 4 books you read for pleasure are written by gifted educators.

5. You find yourself speaking to your DC's age peers and look completely socially inept because you have no idea how to relate to normative behaviour.

Let's hear some stories from the veterans.

What is to give light must endure burning.