Originally Posted by CatherineD
Mamabird, I know our kiddos are young, but have you begun to consider how you are going to handle school? I think about that almost daily and really wonder what the right thing to do is.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I have. My son was born 3 weeks after the kindergarten cut off in our District. Previously they had been very strict about this date and wouldn't even consider early entrance kindergarten. Now however, they have a system in place where if your child attends preschool and there preschool will give a recommendation they can be considered for early entrance. At that point they would do testing more complex than the normal kindergarten screening to decide if they are indeed ready or not.

He currently goes to an in-home daycare, as I work full time. I have been looking into preschools/Montessori schools in the area as I think that early entrance is probably going to be the best first option for us. My son is actually very good socially and I am hoping this will help him in the public school system. He loves going to daycare and playing with other kids. At this point I am kind of taking a wait and see approach. It feels like he is learning new things all the time and asks such amazing questions and retains whatever it is that we give him for an answer. I still keep thinking that maybe it will slow down and I am worrying about nothing. (Anyone smelling some serious denial)

How about you Catherine, have you though about schooling yet?