Hi, Mamabird! laugh

I wish I'd figured out as early as you that my child was unusual. I had a serious case of GT denial, and he was 6 before I realized he was more than "just a little gifted."

As others have noted, following your child's interests is really the best thing you can do.

We've also found that using big ideas and big words and explaining/defining them for our child has been really good for him. He learns so much more when we talk to him as we would talk to a much older child (or perhaps even an adult, depending upon the topic). If we go too in-depth for him, he makes it clear that his interest has waned and we stop. But I've often been amazed by his interest in and grasp of highly complex ideas and his proper use of a varied and complex vocabulary. (I know you're seeing some of that with your DS already...) Anything else seems like talking down to our DS, and it bores him.

Other than that, just give him the opportunities that come your way. Keep your eyes open for games and experiences that would interest your son. Keep being a loving parent. smile

Oh, and I recommend praising effort rather than result even now. I really believe that keeps perfectionism at bay, at least a little bit. It matters more as time goes on, but I think it's never too early to start.

Keep coming back! This is a great place for help and info!

Kriston