Originally Posted by DeeDee
Originally Posted by moomin
[quote=moomin] but we increasingly feel that some of the problems that our daughter is having and actively being created by the teacher in order to force an evaluation (i.e. not structuring our daughter's behavior until she is fully invested in an inappropriate activity, then coming down like a ton of bricks).

It is sometimes the case that parents are inadvertently offering more support than they realize, and when similar support is not offered at school, the child does worse at school than at home. This sometimes means that there is a real problem to be addressed—the disparity can come from the fact that the parents are helping the child function in ways that the teacher does not expect do do because most children of that age don't require that kind of support.

That is, how you worded your comment ("structuring her behavior") is a flag for me that you are working very hard to keep your child on track, perhaps harder than the parents of her peers are working. To me, this says evaluate.
DeeDee

This is very much the issue we had. DS had obvious issues we saw at home, but they were NOTHING like what was going on at school. A lot of it was because we put so much effort into how things happened at home to prevent issues...

~amy