As a teacher, I wonder how one implements this individual instruction when you have more than 8 pupils. As a college professor with 30+ students per class, I sat alone in office hours day after day because students were unwilling to ask for individual help until there was a test. I recall one young woman, really struggling even at the basics, who did come in. I spent three hours one day with her, staying until 7:30pm, missing dinner with my wife. The student at last saw the point of integral calculus and even began to make observations that the rest of the class had not yet done. Then she dropped the class. sighhh. In all my decades teaching I can only think of two students who came to office hours really faithfully. One is now a college professor and researcher in education, and the other got a phd in biology from MIT and started her own consulting business from home while also a mother and housewife. I suspect motivation is everything, but how to kindle it and keep it alive? My own children ultimately refused to let me add to their education because the other kids at school didn't have to do any extra work. When they found out how easy school was they learned to slide almost all the time. But in fairness, the school did offer many things I could not, superb English instruction, social skills, athletics.