As I think more about this I am hoping to start finding out about education opportunities sooner than later. My son will miss the kindergarten cut off by a few weeks and without waivers will not be able to attend until he is almost 6. At that point, I believe he will be so far ahead of where he needs to be if he continues at the pace he is on, that school will not be as fun as it should be. I have lots of time to figure it out, but I still have nervous nelly mommy syndrome!!

I took a look online at our school districts policy on enrollment ages. They claim to have a strict 9/1 policy, although I haven't actually talked to anyone, I only looked at the website. My son has a 9/22 birthday, so he only misses by 3 weeks. The thing I really struggled with is that had he been born just prior to the 9/1 date, I could choose to hold him back a year, but I can not choose to accelerate him a year.

The one loophole I did find is that if you enroll them in a Montessori and the Montessori is able to confirm he completed all kindergarten level work, he could start 1st grade the year he should start kindergarten. I feel on one hand that it is way too early to start thinking about these things, but on the other hand, I want what is best for my son! What's a mom to do...

P.S. the last few days we have been enjoying a fun new game. We will be talking or reading or whatever and DS will ask what makes tree and have me spell it out for him. At this point he seems to just be taking it all in and there is not much response. I am excited to see where this one is going to go!