First of all Kriston, I apologize if you took offense. None intended. I did say I started back to work and if you spend hours talking to traders everyday, you get to the point and you don't time for the niceties. Time is money.

So please, did not mean to insult. I think you all extrapolated from my opinion and did not care to read what I wrote. And incog, my DD3 did fit into a level 4/5 according to her milestones. So please don't assume, I am insulted and are you going to apologize to me?

The point is/was/ Mamabird has this amazing child and is experiencing what many of us experienced with our DC at 2. It was very confusing to me and although all these people were coming up to me saying, "you know your child is really smart/amazing etc." there are those inner voices that say yes, she/he is smart but are they really "that smart" like over the top smart.

We talk about testing here and DYS/IEP, homeschooling acceleration, gifted education. How does Ruf's book help in deciding what choices you should make. How do you know if your child scores 200 on the SB if they are level 3 or level 5. Because even though they scored 200, they might have low motivation and only be a level 3. Though according to Ruf, that could change. How you define the change is not clear.

I came to this forum as a newbie, read Ruf's book and after wondered why? I am glad it helps so many, but Mamabird may be like me. It is nice to know that there are others.

One of the things that us with young children want to understand is the non-linear calculations and understandings that come out of their mouths at 2 and 3. When I talked with Hunter, that was what she was interested in.

I have tried to start topics on the non-linear and linear on this forum and did not really get responses. I thought I would find something in Ruf's book. Did not. I have researched to understand it better myself and how that plays out in her cognitive developement, particularly as her linear capacity grows. To me, this is most helpful with a very young child.

Incog, perhaps I am the stupid one and just needs to take a different path.

Ren