Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: skyward Best Test to use for Homeschool Assessments - 12/14/15 04:17 PM
Anyone have opinions on a good comprehensive test to assess academic gaps and proficiencies in home school children? It would be for my own use for curriculum planning. I have found the testing to be pretty subjective in general, and as all the children are pretty far ahead, I am really looking for a way to make sure we are not missing anything. I am looking for something we can administer and use for targeting areas that need work or that we may have missed. I have been thinking about ITBS or CAT. All children can read, write and are past basic math/pre algebra and so any format would work. I am also looking for something that doesn't cost a fortune. My main goal is to get a comprehensive view of what they still need to learn.
Family Learning Organization might have something appropriate for what you need.

Posted By: Ivy Re: Best Test to use for Homeschool Assessments - 12/14/15 06:53 PM
Local homeschool groups (if you have any around) may coordinate group testing at reduced rates. We had that option at the homeschool "school" that DD was attending. I think they used the STAR tests (Texas state standards, maybe?).
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum