Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Nautigal Most excellent news on e-school - 06/23/11 01:51 AM
I just came from a meeting about the new e-school that our local districts are starting, and it looks promising! It is a curriculum from the Jefferson County virtual school (near Denver, I think?), and our four nearby districts are all involved together with the state BOCES. This year, their first, it is only 9th to 12th grade, but starting next year they will be 6th to 12th, and even this year it sounds like there's a possibility we could test it out with DS8. They have some great courses, including electives such as Forensics, Marine Biology, Chinese, etc. The format is a totally interactive classroom with live teachers, but most of it can be done anytime. We can do part-time or full-time, and the home district and the e-school work out the funding between them so it's all paid for by state education money. I definitely think we'll be looking into this by next year, if not later on this school year!
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Most excellent news on e-school - 06/25/11 02:28 AM
That sounds like a cool option! Forensics sounds like fun. smile That's great that your district is offering such a choice. Keep us posted on how it works out if your DS participates.
Posted By: melmichigan Re: Most excellent news on e-school - 06/25/11 05:40 PM
You're making me drool! Keep us posted.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum