Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Nautigal Wow, I'm amazed - 10/16/09 02:13 AM
We had a meeting a while back with DS7's school, I mentioned in another post, about getting him evaluated for Asperger's and how the school is going to work on his social skills, but also about what they are going to do for him in the way of acceleration. At that time, they said they were going to try getting him into 3rd grade math (he is in 2nd) and a new computer thing they have now. I asked him a couple days ago if they had done any of that, and they hadn't yet. Well, today he says they are sending him to 5th grade math! He has a new spiral notebook for 5th grade math, and a folder, and some 3-digit times 2-digit multiplication work that he did, and problems of solving for "x".
The best part is, he told me, "they treated me with the proper respect. They didn't intimidate me, and I didn't intimidate them." LMAO!
Posted By: JBDad Re: Wow, I'm amazed - 10/16/09 02:53 AM
<<like!!>>
Posted By: chris1234 Re: Wow, I'm amazed - 10/16/09 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Nautigal
The best part is, he told me, "they treated me with the proper respect. They didn't intimidate me, and I didn't intimidate them." LMAO!

Oh, that is too funny and of course very perceptive! And sounds like the school is pretty perceptive too wink
Posted By: Niki Re: Wow, I'm amazed - 10/16/09 01:00 PM
That sounds great!
Your DS has a special way of summing it up.
Way to go.
Posted By: Tiz Re: Wow, I'm amazed - 10/16/09 01:30 PM
What great news! I love the way that he is taking it all in his stride..
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Wow, I'm amazed - 10/16/09 01:34 PM
wow! Your hard work has paid off. How great they are letting him be challenged in Math. He probally feels like a bigger boy.
Posted By: BWBShari Re: Wow, I'm amazed - 10/16/09 10:38 PM
She who nags long enough and loud enough! Well done!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum