Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: doodlebug "Moving Beyond The Page" curriculum - 08/09/09 02:41 AM
Hi All! Long time, no post smile

DH and I are exploring home schooling for MrWiggly and his little sister. We attended an expo this past week and ran across this "Moving Beyond the Page" curriculum. Has anyone here heard of it? Some comments were made that the work is pretty typical of your gifted pull out program and not at all what a gifted kiddo really needs in terms of rigor and depth. Wondering if anyone here can comment.
TIA!

www.movingbeyondthepage.com
Posted By: minniemarx Re: "Moving Beyond The Page" curriculum - 08/09/09 05:03 AM
Hi, Debbie!

I haven't seen this, but there are some reviews of it over on the Well-Trained Mind board (don't know if they'll be any help, though, but may possibly be worth a look).

peace
minnie
Posted By: babysparkler Re: "Moving Beyond The Page" curriculum - 08/13/09 09:12 PM
We have used MBTP for a couple of years now. Our first year (DS in 2nd grade) I purchased the full curriculum, but I still felt the need to supplement with other grammar/spelling/writing (and math, of course). DS loves the "thematic unit" idea, but I felt like the science/social studies component was too hit-and-miss for my taste once he was older, so we discontinued using those and we are now using CHOW for History, and am doing more of a WTM approach to science. This year I was able to match the themes of the MBTP lit units into my physical science units so that there is come continuity between them.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum