Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Can anyone please share some suggestions for good questions specific to gifted students to ask while touring schools? Or does anyone know of a good list online somewhere? I have a terrible habit of thinking of questions 2 days later and I don't know much about schools in general yet as this is our first child.

Specifically, we are looking for a lower elementary school for my HG DD5. We will be looking at gifted private, charter, and PS gifted programs.

Thanks in advance!
Dawn
I would ask about how placement decisions are made, what type of homework is assigned, how the teachers differentiate instruction for students at different levels, how and when are gifted students identified, what programs are offered to GT students.

The answers you get will probably lead to more questions smile
CathyA, thanks so much for the suggestions! I have added them to my list.

Does anyone have any additional questions to add?
Thanks Dottie! I'm not very good at 'reading' people, so I might have missed that cue. I will be sure to keep any eye out for it!
A question I have found useful is "Can you describe what kind of family makes a good fit?" You'd be really surprised how revealing that one is!
Thanks so much to you both for the great suggestions! I have added them to my list.

Branwen, I would never have thought to ask that question, but I bet it does get some interesting responses.

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum