Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Grinity Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/29/09 11:34 PM
Dear Ones,
I wanted to start a topic to celeberate DS12's accomplishment. He started 8th grade back at our local public middle school, with the goal to be reccomended for the Honors version of EVERY academic subject when he starts high school next year. He just found out that he is one of only a few kids who in fact did get reccomended in every subject. He also has gotten his Mid-year grades, and he has A's in every subject except a 89 average in French.

Perhaps I am most proud of the fact that he keeps track of and does his homework totally independently. He will ask us to proofread his papers and quiz him on items that take memorization, which is a great big step forward. He arrives at class prepared, and keeps his notebook in order. Yippee!!!!! It still pains him to have to put up with certain things beinging 'less than they could be' but he has made much progress in showing it less.

Given that he was gradeskipped two years ago, and had to leave his friends to go to a private school to get that needed gradeskip, he has been through quite a lot to get himself into a situation where he would have a chance to develop academically. He did all that without any local encouragement from anyone except his parents. I'm betting that he would love to hear words of encouragement from you.

Love and More Love,
Grinity
Posted By: Kriston Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/29/09 11:46 PM
Yay, Grinity's DS! laugh laugh laugh laugh

You have every right to be proud, Grin. He's just a great kid doing a great job. Good on him, and good on you for raising him!
Posted By: momofgtboys Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 12:12 AM
That is so exciting. What a great accomplishment for a young man. Good job, GrinityDS12!
Posted By: BWBShari Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 12:26 AM
Grin,

Tell your son that we all aspire to have our children grow into the responsible young adult that he obviously is becoming!! To accomplish that independently at 12 is just amazing!! I may ask for a future conference between your son and mine about the merits of organization!!

Congratulations!!!!!
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 12:26 AM
To Grinity's DS!

You are doing fantastic! These skills will serve you well forever!
Posted By: chris1234 Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 12:28 AM
That is wonderful news~ definitely please forward congrats to your ds!!

laugh
Posted By: inky Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 12:33 AM
Glad to see all the hard work has paid off! Two thumbs up!! grin
Posted By: OHGrandma Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 12:44 AM
Aaahhhh, well done, Grinity's son! You give me hope for my grandson to eventually get organized!
Posted By: crisc Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 12:50 AM
Congrats!! What a great accomplishment.
Posted By: hkc75 Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 01:14 AM
Great job Grininty's DS!!!! Keep up the hard work!
Posted By: Ruby Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 01:46 AM
That's wonderful! Congratulations, Grinity's son!!!!!!
Posted By: Jool Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 02:11 AM
Awesome! Keep up the good work smile!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 01:02 PM
Thanks Dear Ones!
I read your responses to DS last night before bed, and he seems really pleased!
Smiles,
Grinity
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 03:17 PM
Wow - that's amazingly fantastic! Congrats to your DS. And how nice that he knows about this now, which seems fairly early, so he can bask in its glow the rest of the year.
Posted By: Austin Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 05:18 PM
That's great!!

He will love those Honor's Classes!!!

Oh, and no slacking - this is proof that his hard work is paying off - so he needs to hit it even harder and also think through how he can improve even more - work smarter, too!!

Posted By: Lorel Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 05:22 PM
aw, rats! I thought there was really going to be a party at your house! But congratulations to ds, as I know that organization was not his strong suit a few years ago. He's certainly taken charge of his education in a positive manner!

hugs,

Posted By: doodlebug Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 05:29 PM
Grin:
Is your son for hire as a role model??!!

I'm proud of him and I don't even know him - what a great accomplishment! Especially so because he set a goal and worked to achieve it. Give a high five and congrats from me! And tons of wishes for continued success as he moves on to high school!
Posted By: Isa Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 09:31 PM
HIP HIP HUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRAAAAAAA smile smile smile

Posted By: Katelyn'sM om Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 09:42 PM
To the DS of Grinity:

Kudos to you... you earned them! I love hearing success stories and yours is a big one. Keep up the work and know that you clearly have a cheering section.

So 2 thumbs up... way up....great job!!!

PS. If there is anything you have been wanting from Mom, now is the time to ask. smile
Posted By: Grinity Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 10:10 PM
Party! Party! Party!
Posted By: questions Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/30/09 10:29 PM
If I didn't say so before, congrats to you both!!!!
Posted By: melmichigan Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/31/09 02:28 AM
Congrats! I second the mentoring, role model comment. I will read this to my daughter.
Posted By: Mia Re: Celebration at Grinity's house! - 01/31/09 03:01 AM
That is so fabulous. I'm going to show this thread to my (chronically disorganized) ds -- just goes to show what effort will do.

Hats off to Grinity's ds! smile
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum