Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: azucena Summer Insititute for the Gifted? - 01/25/17 03:27 AM
Has anyone's DC attended their summer day programs? We are considering for DC10 (who is HG) this summer. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Posted By: funtimes Re: Summer Insititute for the Gifted? - 01/25/17 03:30 PM
We are not in DC, but have had pretty good success with SIG in our area. The classes tend to be best when my kids are on the younger end of the age grouping. Class of 7-8 yr olds and my kids just turned 7 etc. Hope the helps!

I am very tired of spending money and then finding a poor fit...
Posted By: azucena Re: Summer Insititute for the Gifted? - 01/25/17 04:31 PM
Thank you, funtimes. My dc would be on the higher end of the age bracket - I will inquire if they would consider him for the 11 - 12 session.
Posted By: madeinuk Re: Summer Insititute for the Gifted? - 01/25/17 06:36 PM
Not the same organization but our DD went to the 'pre' CTY camps when she was 10 and again at 11. She loved it - being away from home with others who enjoyed and valued learning who were very bit as quirky as her improved her self confidence and maturity no end!

She loved it so much that she will go to real CTY this year to partake of their 'intense studies' offerings.
Posted By: azucena Re: Summer Insititute for the Gifted? - 01/25/17 07:10 PM
I am interested in CTY as well - but the nearest day program would be an hour and half to get to, which is difficult. We might consider summer residential programs in the future, so glad to hear that CTY has been good for your DD!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum