Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Sharona My 3 1/2 year old's NEW game - 11/19/08 04:22 PM
Hi.

My daughter is 3 1/2. She prints alphabet and numbers 1-10, draws pictures of family, people, robots, etc. She is advanced in other areas too.

We borrowed a new game for us to play. Its called Lego Builder Extreme. You play the game by collecting pieces for a card and then build it when you are done. There are about 12 pieces per card. Anyway, this game is for 7 and up.

My daughter puts all of the pieces on the board correctly and is figuring out how to put the item together. We have played this game twice.

Is this really scary or really good? THANKS.

Sharona
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: My 3 1/2 year old's NEW game - 11/19/08 05:00 PM
That's great! Smart kiddo you have.

And the game piqued my interest - sounds like my DS4 would love it. But it's $200 on amazon!!!!
Posted By: Wren Re: My 3 1/2 year old's NEW game - 11/19/08 05:23 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. I know in Montessori they have different types of block sets and pictures of how you have to align them. For those of us on a budget, a game could be in there for all those sets of blocks and stuff on the shelf.

Ren
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: My 3 1/2 year old's NEW game - 11/19/08 05:41 PM
Yay for me - i just found the board (not the whole game) for $3 online. We have enough legos to work, i'm sure.

Good idea wren - can just make up our own games. (But now i have the board!) smile
Posted By: Kriston Re: My 3 1/2 year old's NEW game - 11/19/08 05:44 PM
Yay! smile
Posted By: BeckyC Re: My 3 1/2 year old's NEW game - 11/20/08 02:41 AM
My DD found a similar game like that on the lego website. http://creative.lego.com/en-us/games/deafult.aspx

Lincoln logs are fun to use in that way. We got this huge tub at Disney World a few years ago that has this 10 step plan to build the Wilderness Lodge hotel with it. When she was 4, we built it together having her pick out the 2 "nubbed" pieces vs the 3 & 4 "nubbed" ones. This week she followed the plans herself -- with help on levels 9 & 10 - those last levels are tricky.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum