Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Austin Amazon Kindle - Brain Crack - The good kind - 11/06/08 05:57 PM
This is the bomb.

If you are looking for a gift for your HG+ kid for Christmas, this may be it.

I read 7-12 books a week and have to keep my nightstand supplied. I also travel a lot and its hard to carry a lot of books with me. This has saved me a lot of money already.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FI73MA

I have one, too. Yep. Brain crack. Heh, heh...

Gotta go read smile

Oh, and you can email documents to your own Kindle for 10 cents. Then you can read them anywhere. You can download an entire book to your Kindle in under 2 minutes anywhere cell phone service is available.
Or, the mom of an HG+ kid. wink

This is what I want for Christmas. Let me know if there are any Black Friday deals................
Oooh, yes, I want one too! DD6 saw it on Oprah and she's decided she wants one as well. She likes the idea of being able to look up any word that she doesn't know and immediately find out what it means. I'm pretty sure we'll be waiting for a year or two though. Maybe they'll come down in price . . . .
Not for me. I hate to carry more stuff. I read my books on my BlackBerry using www.mobipocket.com. Highly recommend it. Has all those goodies - highlighting, note taking, dictionary, bookmarks, etc. - and it's in color and I can change background colors, font size, etc. I know, I know - not for everyone. smile

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum