Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Hello All,

Our daughter was recently identified as HG and we are looking for new options for schooling as her current school has not been meeting her needs. We know a little abt Mirman but would love to hear more from parents with experience. She will be going into the 2nd grade, so we would also love to hear abt public school/magnet/SAS options in LAUSD and surrounding districts that have worked for your child.

Thank you!
Michelle
Hi, Michelle. I don't have an answer to your question, but I know it's been asked before, and I recall a discussion about Mirman in particular (I noticed because a friend my dc goes to camp with went to Mirman). Once you log into the forums, a search box appears, and you can search. There's also a geographic-area forum as well. Good luck!
Do a search on Mirman on these forums-I don't have a child there. But there was a post a while back about Mirman.
The only school I know of is a 2E school in Culver City, that I may go look at in the fall but I think it's for older kids. And I know about a "gifted" private school in Huntington Beach, Pegasus. Once upon a time I did look at Pegasus for my son, but I imagine that is a bit too far from LA.
LAUSD has two elementary schools for HG children, one called Eagle Rock and one called San Jose Magnet. In order to go to these schools a LAUSD school psychologist has to have administered an IQ test.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum