Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: epoh Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/14/12 08:51 PM
I am super excited! Just found out DS is no longer on the waiting list for the STEM charter school - He's IN! I am going by today after work to pick up the packet. This school does frequent testing and has a actual acceleration policy! Everyone one of their graduating seniors this year got accepted into a 4-yr university. Here's hoping DS won't spend 3rd grade bored all day. He'll get to do science projects this year, and actual science labs... each kid has reading instruction on their own level, from what they say. I am really hopeful that this school is going to be more open to letting DS work at *his* pace.
Posted By: Grinity Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/14/12 09:00 PM
Yippee!!!!
Awesome!
congrats!!!
Posted By: HayJo Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/17/12 03:34 PM
Great news!
Posted By: vwmommy Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/18/12 12:24 AM
Yay!!!! I hope he loves it. My DS in in K at a STEM school and is doing really well there. We haven't found any perfect solutions by any means but I am sure that we are way better off than we would be in the public schools.
Posted By: Madoosa Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/21/12 09:47 PM
YAY!! I really really really hope that it works out for your son!
Posted By: kd976 Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/22/12 01:21 AM
That's awesome!!!
Would it be obnoxious if I said, "I told you so!" LOL!
Yay! This is good news!
Posted By: epoh Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/27/12 02:58 AM
Hah - that's an 'I told you so!' I am happy to hear!!!
Posted By: Nik Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/27/12 01:27 PM
Congrats! That is awesome!

Its a bit early, but since you are in the area, you may want to check into TAMS (Texas Academy of Math and Science - students dual enroll at UNT and finish the last 2 years of HS taking college classes, living on campus in the TAMS dorm with other "Tamsters". I wish we had known about that program when my DD was in 7th grade instead of finding out at the last moment, it might have motivated her to care more about her grades.
Posted By: epoh Re: Great news! Charter school here we come! - 05/27/12 10:24 PM
Nik - I've read about that! It seems like an awesome program. I will definitely keep that in mind when we get to that point.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum