Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: onthegomom Flip video conversion - 12/15/11 02:09 AM
Has anyone converted their flip videos to a format that Windows Movie Maker could use? Any suggestions. The Flip support can't make another company reccomendations.
Posted By: epoh Re: Flip video conversion - 12/15/11 04:40 AM
Hrm... My flip records to a format that windows understands. What is the file extention on your files?
Posted By: CAMom Re: Flip video conversion - 12/15/11 06:20 AM
I have been able to get it in a format that Windows Movie Player could understand but getting to movie maker is difficult. I did find a freebie conversion program but it distorted the image quite a bit. Not bad enough to ruin the video (fun kid made video) but enough that I won't use it again for anything important.

I hate that Flip won't make it easier to convert!
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Flip video conversion - 12/17/11 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by epoh
Hrm... My flip records to a format that windows understands. What is the file extention on your files?

I may have a older version of windows media. I could not find a versions name/number anywhere.
Posted By: epoh Re: Flip video conversion - 12/17/11 01:54 PM
There are quite a few free apps on microsofts site if you search around. There might be a better version.
Posted By: Dude Re: Flip video conversion - 12/19/11 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by onthegomom
I may have a older version of windows media. I could not find a versions name/number anywhere.

Typically, version info can be found in any Windows product by going to the menu bar and selecting Help -> About (name of product). Windows Media Player likes to autohide the menu bar, though, but there's an old trick for the keyboard savvy: hit Alt-H and the menu bar will reappear, and expand the Help submenu.

There's also a tiny icon that can be mouse-clicked to show the menu, but depending on your version (and skin, if you've installed one), it could look different or be in another location. Alt-H should work no matter what.
Posted By: epoh Re: Flip video conversion - 12/19/11 06:07 PM
Now that I'm at work in front of a computer, try out this software (free) from Microsoft - http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum