Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Ania Sexual maturation book for older boys - 04/25/08 02:47 PM
Well, I have been meaning to ask around for a while.

My DS has grown incredibly over the past few months. He is truly a young adult now, with a behavior of a three year old sometimes, but that is another story :-)
I am looking for a book that I can just casually present to him, that will answer those sexual/body type questions from a boy perspective.
I do not have a problem talking to him about it, but he does. He does not ask me questions about it anymore, and I know that now with the hormonal surge and those HUGE changes in his physical appearance, he must have tons of them (questions, that is).

There seems to be tons of books for girls, my daughter likes especially the American Girl series, but nothing for older boys.
I am not loking for anything simplistic, I don't want DS to be offended :-)
Posted By: cym Re: Sexual maturation book for older boys - 04/26/08 07:28 PM
Let me know when you find a good one. My kids act as if they know a lot, but then they'll say something that clearly shows their ignorance. But, they're not interested in discussing with me.
Posted By: Cathy A Re: Sexual maturation book for older boys - 04/26/08 08:35 PM
Hmmm... you probably want something more than just an anatomy book.
Posted By: Ania Re: Sexual maturation book for older boys - 05/14/08 06:31 PM
^^ Purchased it yesterday at B&N (same price as Amazon) and DS has been reading like crazy. I am hearing things like - OH, I do not have cancer, it is normal to have..., oh so this is normal too smile , oh, I never knew that...
He is already asking if there are other books like this one because he wants to read them all wink
Posted By: Cathy A Re: Sexual maturation book for older boys - 05/14/08 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ania
He is already asking if there are other books like this one because he wants to read them all wink

Ahh, that insatiable appetite for learning strikes again!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum