Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Would anyone have suggestions for online creative writing courses for kids 8 years old and up?

My son writes really well - hates actual hand writing part but whatever he write its good and humorous. I would like to encourage him and also train him to put all his thoughts in writing.

He has vivid imagination but writing/typing it all on paper or screen does not work out.

Please help me with suggestions on online writing courses for young kids as well as writing tools or technology that can help him bring those thoughts out on paper or computer.
My DS(almost 8) does not like the actual hand writing part either but he is a good writer. I don't have a recommendation for a class, but my son uses a voice recorder. He dictates his stories and we (or he somtimes) type them up and print them out. Then, he copies (handwrites) the story and edits it as he goes. Some computers now have voice recognition software that could help. I have a new Mac and have not messed with all of the features to see if it has voice recognition, but I thought that might be a good solution too.
Originally Posted by xyzandabc
Please help me with suggestions on online writing courses for young kids as well as writing tools or technology that can help him bring those thoughts out on paper or computer.

We like Brave Writer materials, but we've yet to try the online classes. A fellow home educator has her gifted young son in one of the online classes. He likes it and so does she. You might look at it.
http://edditto.com/writing-fiction/ might be worth a look. I've read the book that the course is structured around, and it was quite good (and appropriate for an 8yo who is a strong reader).
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum