Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Jtjt Kindle - 10/02/11 05:14 AM
I have zero experience with the Kindle. DS6 has showed an interest in wanting one. Both DS6 and DS4 have the new Kindle Fire on pre-order for Christmas. Is there anything I should know about it's use? We are purchasing the warrany that has additional accidental breakage coverage, but does anyone know of a case that is similar to the Otter Box for the iPhone?
Posted By: CAMom Re: Kindle - 10/02/11 05:16 AM
My best suggestion would be to figure out how to password protect any purchases. I don't know how to do it on the Fire but I did it on my DS's Nook. I didn't want him "accidentally" buying books. It's quite easy to do if it's not password protected!
Posted By: Jtjt Re: Kindle - 10/02/11 08:16 AM
Think it would be possible to set up another amazon account to link them to that doesnt have a credit card attached? Maybe I can just supply it with Gift Card funds?
Posted By: 2giftgirls Re: Kindle - 10/02/11 12:50 PM
you don't have to log in to an amazon account to purchase? is it already linked to Amazon? On my tablet (not kindle), I have to log in to my Amazon acct to purchase a book...on the books feature I have to log into my google acct, so I just remember to log out before I let the kids play with it...can you do that?
Posted By: 2giftgirls Re: Kindle - 10/02/11 12:51 PM
plus they are wi fi only, right? I actually prefer that my tablet is only wifi to reduce the chances of the kids buying something, since they usually use it in the car, which does not have wifi wink lol!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum