Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: gloria Looking for a title - 09/10/11 12:24 PM
I am looking for a little hel;p here. About a year ago, I read a very good book which was Young Adult Literature, probably aimed at about a middle school age. It was a bout a young boy headed to summer camp. He was very reluctant as he did not fit in with his non gifted peers. In the climax to the story, there was ahuge storm, a hurricane if I recall. I'd like to recommend this book to someone, but for the life of me, I cannot recall the title. Anyone out there have any suggestions or a better memory than me?
Thank you.
Posted By: DeHe Re: Looking for a title - 09/10/11 01:46 PM
Could it be Alvin Ho goes camping? DS says there is a hurricane but that Alvin goes camping not to camp.

DeHe
Posted By: gloria Re: Looking for a title - 09/10/11 10:46 PM
No, definitely not the title I'm looking for. The main character was probably middle school, maybe 8th grade?
But thank you:-)
Posted By: Trina Re: Looking for a title - 09/12/11 08:41 AM
"I Want to Go Home" by Gordon Korman? Rudy Miller is the main character - he kept trying to escape. There was a rain storm and a flood at the end - which Rudy caused.

If it's this one... I LOVE it.
Posted By: AntsyPants Re: Looking for a title - 09/13/11 03:12 PM
looks good but DS10 has so much reading for school i don't think he can fit it in AND the thing with school reading is they have to pick books that are in their tested lexile levels so this book wouldn't even rate for DD8 to read. boo. I may pick it up and leave it in his room for him, it looks funny.
Posted By: Terrilth Re: Looking for a title - 09/16/11 09:28 PM
Was it City Boy?
Posted By: Austin Re: Looking for a title - 09/16/11 09:44 PM
If you like that, you'll love these books.

I read them in 4th grade and could not stop laughing.

http://www.madscientistsclub.com/MSC/Home.html

Posted By: GeoMamma Re: Looking for a title - 09/19/11 10:52 AM
Oh I loved those stories!

ETA: OMG! There were more of them!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum