Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: onthegomom Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 01:17 AM
has anybody found a good source for buying used books on line for kids age 9 and up. I looking for a place with great selection but I don't want to pay all the separate shipping like amazon. I go to garage sales, good will and half price books but that don't always have what I want.
Posted By: PipersMom Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 01:37 AM
My favorite site for used books is abebooks.com. There's yet to be a book I couldn't find there, and the prices go from $1 up depending on condition. You can also order from several different sellers and pay one bill for the whole transaction. I could prob gush about it all night, but suffice it to say, I love it!
Posted By: DeeDee Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 01:58 AM
Addall.com searches many sites and aggregates the results-- I've done well there. Half.com is related to ebay-- you do pay shipping, but it's often still cheap.

But I do like amazon-- and more and more used books are now being offered with free shipping there.

DeeDee
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by PipersMom
My favorite site for used books is abebooks.com. There's yet to be a book I couldn't find there, and the prices go from $1 up depending on condition. You can also order from several different sellers and pay one bill for the whole transaction. I could prob gush about it all night, but suffice it to say, I love it!

Wow! they do have it all. amazing! thank you.
Posted By: Val Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 05:40 AM
Umm. With a title like "Used book 4sale on line," I figured that this thread was one of those spam threads. When I saw that onthegomom had posted, I figured that people were poking fun at it, as happened a few weeks ago with running shoes. smile

I find good used stuff on all the sites mentioned here. Abebooks is always having sales. If I have a specific title in mind, I just search for it.
Posted By: DorothyS Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 12:46 PM
I've had some great success with purchasing "teacher's lots" on ebay. This are all usually close to the same grade level and are good material for that age child. You can't chose specific titles of course, but most of the lots list all of their titles separately. I have received boxes of 100 books for around $25.00 including shipping.
Posted By: Iucounu Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 12:58 PM
Addall.com looks good, will have to use it in the future. I've used Bookfinder.com in the past, which also searches other sites including Abebooks.
Posted By: DeeDee Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/15/11 06:09 PM
You can now search abebooks for sellers offering free shipping.

http://www.abebooks.com/books/free-shipping/?cm_mmc=nl-_-fs-_-110000-f00-usfrshpCA-_-htm-bdy-cta01

DeeDee
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Used book 4sale on line - 08/16/11 03:36 PM
I just order 3 books I haven't been able to get at the library! Great price! thanks!!!!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum