Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: perplexed Favorite Critical Thinking Products - 06/20/11 12:26 AM
Thanks to several of you on here, I have been browsing the Critical Thinking website. I am like a kid in a candy store!!!! I could spend a bundle on all of the fun products they have. What are some of your favorite products??? I'm looking at things for my DD5, DS7 and DS9.
Posted By: mygirlrocks Re: Favorite Critical Thinking Products - 06/20/11 08:56 PM
mind benders
Language smart
dooriddles

Posted By: Staceyshoe Re: Favorite Critical Thinking Products - 06/24/11 09:48 PM
We've enjoyed Mindbenders and Building Thinking Skills. (BTS is nice because it includes a variety of critical thinking skills.) I look forward to seeing other responses to this. My ds LOVES doing logic exercises.
Posted By: Iucounu Re: Favorite Critical Thinking Products - 06/24/11 10:53 PM
Building Thinking Skills and Mindbenders. I think the former should be required in every grade school curriculum.

Staceyshoe, my son likes Logic Links, Solitaire Chess, etc. Have you tried those? He also enjoys puzzle books, for example a puzzle book series called Brain Games.

We should start a general problem solving / critical thinking thread one of these days.
Posted By: ultramarina Re: Favorite Critical Thinking Products - 06/29/11 06:32 PM
I'm thinking of getting a few of these for a long plane/car trip we have coming up. My DD is 7, M/HG...any particular suggestions? She loves analogies but often isn't so hot on things that require her to write. She has no experience with things like logic games.
Posted By: ultramarina Re: Favorite Critical Thinking Products - 06/29/11 06:36 PM
Would Dooriddles B2 be too easy for a kid reading at about 6th grade level? The basic concept looks like something she'd really enjoy.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum