Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: lavendersblue EPGY Glitch? - 02/22/11 02:41 PM
Hi all. We are new to EPGY, and enrolled in the open program. My daughter, 9, used Saxon math through 7/6, then Alex, where she flew so quickly through the levels, I wondered if it was even helping her at all. We just recently made the switch to EPGY, hoping for a challenge. It placed us at the grade level for her age, but I've bumped her a couple of levels til I saw the average correct percentage dropping a little from 100. :-) Well, she is completely hating it. She says it gives her the same EXACT problems almost every day, to the point that she has memorized it. I sat with her yesterday while she worked, and sure enough, she spouted off the answers from memory. I don't call this profitable review. Also, the lectures don't really seem to give a complete overview of the problem at hand, so I have to give a bit of an explanation myself. I suppose I am used to Aleks, where an explanation of each problem is given, and an explanation of the explanation, too, in some cases. :-) Has anyone else had this problem, or do you have advice for a new EPGY user?
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: EPGY Glitch? - 02/22/11 03:38 PM
There is a gifted setting, which should give you less repetition. Our administrator changed this setting for us. I am not the best person to offer advice, though, since we only used EPGY for about 6 months, over a year ago.
Posted By: Tallulah Re: EPGY Glitch? - 02/22/11 05:18 PM
We're using it a a lower level but there is not a lot of interesting variation in it. It will have a couple of variations on a problem and repeat them over and over. I had to do some sessions myself to get past particularly boring parts.
Posted By: melmichigan Re: EPGY Glitch? - 02/22/11 11:22 PM
Is this someone in my group? If so please email me with details so it can be corrected.
Posted By: lavendersblue Re: EPGY Glitch? - 02/23/11 03:35 PM
We are not members of a group, but would like more information on joining one. We are in Dallas.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum