Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: delbows The Huffington Post - 12/02/10 12:32 AM
Huffingtonpost.com has a new educational reform blogger. He is a smart guy and I like his posts so far.

�His long career in broadcast journalism included six years as an anchor/reporter with Bloomberg Television.
He's appeared regularly in satirical news videos for The Onion News Network as the on-location reporter "Brian Scott," and will be a cast member in the new Onion TV show, set to premiere January, 2011, on the IFC cable channel. He is also president of Bowdon Media, an Internet marketing firm, and he holds a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Purdue University and an M.S. in industrial engineering from Stanford University.�

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-bowdon
Posted By: La Texican Re: The Huffington Post - 12/02/10 02:51 AM
I would have said the difference is that society can afford the government post offices to go bankrupt. It is possible. They keep consolidating locations and raising postage rates. Don't know if they'd have been better off without the competition. But we can't afford for competition to drive the public schools out of business or only the wealthy will get a basic education. But then I argued against myself saying that most likely towns would chose to cover for the poor kids on a local level, if that happened. I'm sure it's more complicated than that. I wasn't even sure what kind of reform he was suggesting until the last sentence of the "complexity relationship with simplicity" post. I do like his style of writing and it was thought provoking.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum