Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Iucounu Math maze generator - 11/11/10 02:46 PM
I have been compiling some sources of interesting, free worksheets. I have found a lot of dreck, and even the good sources really have to be filtered (this all makes me appreciate FlashKids etc. more). I will take time when I'm done and post what I've found, maybe converting this thread to a general free-worksheet thread.

In the meantime I thought this simple math maze generator was kind of neat, and that it might tempt some kids to memorize some math facts without becoming too bored in the process. You can restrict by difficulty and operation type:

http://www.worksheetworks.com/puzzles/math-maze.html

ETA: Haven't had time to go through it yet, but other parts of the site look cool too! I have just looked at the pentomino puzzle worksheet generator.
Posted By: Cricket2 Re: Math maze generator - 11/11/10 04:08 PM
Thanks! I added that site to my homeschooling resources page.

Another free worksheet option for math is math master. I don't think that they have the puzzles that the one you listed does, though.
Posted By: Iucounu Re: Math maze generator - 11/11/10 04:13 PM
Back atcha-- thanks for the great resources page. I hadn't seen it before. Thanks also for the Math Master site. I have a really strong preference for PDFs that I can move around on my laptop to create little lessons. (My wife has been looking at me like I'm a little crazy for spending so much time scanning in FlashKids worksheets etc. into PDF form lately, instead of just copying them.)
Posted By: La Texican Re: Math maze generator - 11/11/10 06:24 PM

Not a worksheet, but I like how she demonstrates multiplication. She shows on one board a couple different ways to look at the same thing at. She has a 300 free sample worksheet zipped download packet if you sign up for her email virtual tour of her cirriculum. She sells PDF books of worksheets she made for a living. Math mammoth.com. Aurora Lipper, the science lady, recommended her in a recent e-mail.
Posted By: Iucounu Re: Math maze generator - 11/12/10 11:43 AM
Thanks for the link. I downloaded her worksheets and will be going through them. That video has a lot in common with how I helped DS5 learn his multiplication tables, and a couple of her worksheets I looked at were very familiar too.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum