Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Grinity Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/04/10 09:33 PM
Hi -
I'm not posting this in 'regions' because I think that anyone who considers themselves or their family members to be HG or PG, with or without 2E, to please consider attending BIQ in Boston if it's possible for their family.

We have the new Dates!
Beyond IQ (BIQ) Boston April 30 - May 1, 2011
Chelmsford Radisson, Chelmsford, Massachusetts, USA

Yippee!
Grinity

Posted By: BaseballDad Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/06/10 02:52 AM
Grinity,

Could you remind us what the focus is of the Beyond IQ meetings? I remember seeing last year's program, and I remember that I considered attending, but I didn't go in the end and I remain slightly vague on the organizing principle.

Thanks,

BB
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/07/10 05:08 PM
Well BB,

I think the format is 'weekend workshop' with programing for all ages and lots of hanging out social time in between. There is a seperate program of activities for kids, for teens, and for adults. The adult programing is mostly lectures about topics of interest of Gifties. The teens often attend the Adult programing and kind of 'come and go' as they please, which I find very sweet. Lots of people come just to hang out in the hallways and chat.

I'm not sure there is an 'organizing principle' except that there are a bunch of people who love to get a chance to get together each year, and some of them would be bored without something to stimulate their mind - so there are lectures, and lots of them have kids - so there is stuff there to do of the sort that gifted children usually like.

I hope that helps -
Grinity
Posted By: Tall boys Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/07/10 06:44 PM
Thanks Grinity! Chelmsford is only half an hour from me. Are you going? Anyone else going?
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/07/10 09:16 PM
Acutally I just got an update from Carolyn K saying that although the conference will be in the greater Boston area, it probably won't be in Chelmsford like last year.

I'm going. I'm not sure if my son will go as his school vacation ends the Friday before hand, and will need to get back to his boarding school. If his grades continue to be as amazing as they are now, I's seriously considering allowing him to skip Friday and do the conference. Hummm

Smiles,
Grinity
Posted By: Tall boys Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/07/10 11:49 PM
Please let me know when you find out where it will take place?

Posted By: BaseballDad Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/08/10 03:18 AM
Thanks, Grinity. Sounds fun.

BB

Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/11/10 10:52 PM
Sure Tallboys..I'll keep you posted.
See you and BBDad there, I hope!
Posted By: Val Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/12/10 03:24 AM
I'd like to know too. Keep us posted! Thanks Grinity.

Val
Posted By: shellymos Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/18/10 01:08 AM
looks interesting, thanks for sharing....may consider going with DS6!
Posted By: Iucounu Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/18/10 01:41 AM
Planning to go.
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 10/18/10 10:47 AM
Awesome!!!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 04/20/11 03:56 PM
I've got this year's BIQ info (Beyond IQ) and there is a link you can go to for further information. Who's going?

If any of you are planning to attend the Beyond IQ Conference April 30 and May 1,
Great news - I found out that the Best Western has a BIQ group rate:
1650 Commonwealth Avenue US Boston, Massachusetts, 02135-5604, United States
Phone: 617/566-6260
This hotel is 2.5 miles from the conference site:
Boston University George Sherman Student Union 775 Commonwealth Ave Boston, MA
and near the public transportation stop that goes to BU.

To get the good rate, you have to call on the phone, and tell the receptionist that you are with 'Beyond IQ' for a rate of 109$ that includes parking and Continental breakfast. At this time there are only rooms with kingsized beds left - we plan to bring an airmattress.

For more information about Beyond IQ weekend -
http://www.giftedconferenceplanners.org/Boston/index.html

For more information about the hotel -
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/priceAvail.do;jsessionid=55dFoMj+ExcHmmEmgINXoA**.h55ab?propertyCode=22029&disablenav=

If anyone has any questions about the weekend, please post here or PM them to me!

Love and More Love,
Grinity
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 04/20/11 05:25 PM
The keynote speaker is
Keynote Speaker:

SAEED ARIDA
Chief Excitement Officer
NuVu Studio

Is anyone familiar with the speaker?
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 04/21/11 05:29 PM
Shellymos, Lucounu,Baseball Dad,Tall Boys and Val - I'm trying to PM you!
Grinity
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 04/23/11 02:28 AM
http://beyondiq.camp9.org/program

The program for 2011 is here!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Dates for BIQ Boston - 04/29/11 01:37 PM
Wow - I'm so excited about BIQ! It's almost here! DS is excited too. DH is going, and he's nervous.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum