Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: BWBShari Supercharged science - 01/20/10 05:16 PM
I participated in a free "Teleclass" yesterday with DS7 on Supercharged science. As part of a chemistry experiment, my DS got to make glow in the dark slime. He had the best time. It was a great class in that Aurora (the instructor) takes the time to explain why things happen the way they do. She also stayed on the call after class until every single question was answered. I was really impressed.

They have a special offer up right now on their "E-Science" program for $1.00 for the first 30 days. We signed up and my DS is so excited. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. The sites philosophy is to make kids crazy excited with science through projects and experiments, then introduce the text to answer the "whys" of what happened.

At the end of the 30 day trial, the program costs $27.00 a month. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Supercharged science - 01/21/10 03:09 PM
Could you provide the website. DS9 might want to try this.

Is this done with talking to someone on the phone?
Posted By: BWBShari Re: Supercharged science - 01/21/10 03:18 PM
The website is www.superchargedscience.com

For the teleclass, we were on a special site on the computer as well as the phone. The demonstration was running on the computer while she talked us through it.
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Supercharged science - 01/21/10 03:22 PM
that's amazing you had someone talking to you on the phone. I'm off to check this out. THANK YOU
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum