Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Momma Bear Just for Reference - 12/04/09 07:48 PM
I just happened across a link to a powerpoint tht describes gifted kids in a simple yet accurate way. Thought I'd share it. It's from a school district in Texas so if your not in Texas you can ignore the part about how to get tested there.

http://www.springbranchisd.com/instruc/gt/Should%20I%20Refer%20web%20version%2008.pdf
Posted By: amazedmom Re: Just for Reference - 12/04/09 08:25 PM
Wow- that is a great link.....describes DD so accuratly, as well as myself. I was lucky to be able to eperience a gifted program in a magnet school that recognized all of these things. Thanks for the link smile
Posted By: Tiz Re: Just for Reference - 12/04/09 10:03 PM
Thanks for this Momma Bear, could be very useful for DS's teachers. smile
Posted By: inky Re: Just for Reference - 12/05/09 02:09 AM
Thanks! Any ideas for how to handle this part?
They interrupt others because they know what the other person is going to say and they want to move on in the conversation.
Posted By: JDAx3 Re: Just for Reference - 12/06/09 03:03 AM
It really appears that this district has a great understanding of the GT population. It would be nice if all districts did...
Posted By: Momma Bear Re: Just for Reference - 12/06/09 08:30 PM
Inky - wish I knew. I still to, this day, struggle not to do that smile

And yes I only wish all districts had it together!
Posted By: Breakaway4 Re: Just for Reference - 12/06/09 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by inky
Thanks! Any ideas for how to handle this part?
They interrupt others because they know what the other person is going to say and they want to move on in the conversation.

Wish I knew also. DS blurts out every answer while the teacher is still asking. I know he is hoping to hurry things along so they can move on to the interesting part of the lesson but unfortunately he doesn't realize that that IS the lesson. And more unfortunately his teacher doesn't realize that this is why he is constantly interrupting.
Let me know if you find a solution.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum